Thursday, November 08, 2007

Veteran's Day Tribute

I extend my admiration and gratitude to those who daily demonstrate strength, character, and purpose; who symbolize dedication and obedience, upon which foundation rests the integrity of the military spirit.

  • To all your fellow Air Force warriors, Army soldiers, Navy sailors, Marines, and Coast Guard servicemen, who love our country and who stand guard and fight every day to preserve our independence, our beloved union of fifty states, against all aggressors.
  • To my two sons, currently on active duty in the Army National Guard and Reserves, of whom and for whom no father could be prouder or more grateful, who have a passion to defend and protect their fatherland. They volunteer for the most dangerous and challenging missions, model the seven Army elite values (loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage), and quietly live the Soldier's Warrier Creed as officers and honor graduates of two Arizona universities:

I am an American soldier. I am a warrior and member of a team. I serve the people of the United States and the Army values. I will always place the Union first. I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade. I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough... I stand ready to deploy, engage and destry the enemies of the United States of America in close combat. I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life. I am an American soldier.

No comments: